Rates: $82 Taxes and fees are not included. Rates subject to change.
Red Clay State Historic Park has one picnic shelter that may be reserved for your next event or gathering. The maximum capacity is 80 to 100 people. The shelter is equipped with picnic tables, a grill, and access to restrooms. Reservations are required and may be made online or by calling the park.
While using rentable facilities at Red Clay, please follow these rules:
- Check-in with staff at the park office, upon your arrival.
- Renter will have access to the facility beginning at 9:00 AM to 30 minutes prior to park close. Staying past park closing will be considered trespassing. Trespassing is prohibited, and tickets will be issued.
- Parking is allowed only in designated parking spaces. Parking on grass and roadways is not permitted.
- The renter understands if the event is held outside of the rentable structures, that this is a public space. Other park visitors will not be restricted from non-rented areas.
- The renter understands that the Gazebo provides the only handicap accessible entrance to the park. Visitors needing access to this entrance will not be denied entrance or told to move.
- Alcohol is prohibited in all areas except for the Pavilion and Amphitheater when rented. If alcohol is served by a vendor, a permit must be provided to the park prior to the event date. The renter understands they must abide by the terms regarding alcohol. Please fill out this form and email it back to the park prior to your visit. Alcohol Use Application Form. Form should be returned to the park secretary Gracie Cammarata at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The following items are prohibited: Fake Flowers, Confetti, Fireworks, Water Balloons, Sidewalk Chalk, Alcohol (see above).
- No staples, nails, or otherwise damaging items may be used in the decorating process.
- Trash must be disposed of in the dumpster.
- All trash, decor, and other items must be removed prior to renter's departure. Anything left behind will be forfeited and the renter will be subject to a $200 cleanup fee.
- The renter understands that if these rules are broken, it is the park manger's decision to ban this renter from holding future events at the park.
- Renter must check-out at the park office prior to departure.
If you have any questions/concerns please contact the park manager at 423-478-0339 no later than two weeks prior to your event.
Picnic shelters or pavilions may be reserved online up to one year in advance with a paid reservation fee. There is a $5 cancellation fee for picnic shelter, or pavilion reservations canceled eight days or more in advance of the reserved date. Reservations canceled seven days or less in advance of the reserved date forfeit all paid fees.