Paris Landing Go Green
Paris Landing State Park has completed the Silver Recognition Level of the TN State Parks Go Green With Us Initiative and Guidelines. The guidelines include multiple areas of environmental sustainability including education and outreach, water conservation, energy efficiency, waste and recycling and much more. Congrats to this park for going above and beyond to be excellent stewards of our natural resources.
The mission of the Tennessee State Parks Go Green With Us program is to preserve and protect our state parks through sustainable park operations, resource conservation, and recycling. Program components cover a diverse array of initiatives, including energy and water conservation through equipment and operations upgrades, recycling programs, projects to enhance ecosystem health, and erosion control, among many others.
- Paris Landing State Park’s inn, conference center, and Riverboat Restaurant are all Tennessee Green Hospitality Program-certified. This means they have systems in place that minimize energy consumption, waste, and material consumption, while encouraging environmental improvements.
- The park tracks park-wide energy use to identify areas for improvement.
- The restaurant recycles all used cooking oil.
- The inn offers electric vehicle charge stations.
- The park is part of the TVA’s Green Power Switch.
- Their golf course is part of the internationally-recognized Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program and Groundwater Guardian Green program, which means that their course enhances the natural landscape and wildlife habitat while also improving efficiency and minimizing potentially harmful impacts of golf course operations. Several of the park’s program components include targeted watering and digital irrigation monitoring.
- The marina is a Certified Clean Marina, which means that it implements Best Management Practices that help to prevent and reduce water pollution.
- The campground uses tent pads, which are man-made surface that protects the ground from damage caused by repeatedly setting up a tent in the same spot.
- Trash and recycling dumpsters have been strategically placed in the campground as well as the marina area.
- Paris Landing has a strong park recycling program which is enhanced by a successful partnership with Henry County.