Frozen Head Go Green
The mission of the Tennessee State Parks Go Green With Us program is to preserve and protect our state parks through sustainable park operations, resource conservation, and recycling. Program components cover a diverse array of initiatives, including energy and water conservation through equipment and operations upgrades, recycling programs, projects to enhance ecosystem health, and erosion control, among many others.
- Frozen Head State Park has new LED lights at the visitor’s center, which last longer than traditional lighting and require less maintenance.
- Water heaters at the visitor’s center and campground, as well as doors and insulation at the park ranger residence and bath houses, have been upgraded to make them more energy efficient.
- There are several concrete-lined drains and drainage ditches around the park which help to effectively manage stormwater and minimize related erosion.
- Tent pads in the campground also help to control erosion caused by repeatedly setting up a tent in the same place.
- Park rangers patrol some of the park by bicycle.