David Crockett Birthplace Go Green
David Crockett Birthplace State Historic Park has completed the Bronze Recognition Level of the TN State Parks Go Green With Us Initiative and Guidelines. The guidelines include multiple areas of environmental sustainability including education and outreach, water conservation, energy efficiency, waste and recycling and much more. Congrats to this park for going above and beyond to be excellent stewards of our natural resources!
The mission of the Tennessee State Parks Go Green With Us program is to preserve and protect our state parks through sustainable park operations, resource conservation, and recycling. Program components cover a diverse array of initiatives, including energy and water conservation through equipment and operations upgrades, recycling programs, projects to enhance ecosystem health, and erosion control, among many others.
- David Crockett Birthplace State Park installed new drains during a recent campground renovation to help decrease erosion during rain events.
- The park is continuously completing trail improvements that decrease human impact and improve and increase erosion resistance.
- Recent visitor’s center improvements help reduce energy consumption with LED lighting, improvements to the building envelope, and new CECO Trio-E doors, made in Milan, Tennessee.
- The park maintains a healthy ecosystem through occasional controlled burns.
- Guests will find strategically placed trash and recycling dumpsters.