Donate to Sycamore Shoals
Our parks are free for everyone to visit and enjoy. If you love Sycamore Shoals State Park, you can donate today to help us continue investing in quality programs and services. Your donations will help make your favorite park even better! We'll use the donations for things like:
- Building and maintaining new trails
- Providing children's programs to connect youth to the outdoors
- Projects that improve visitor experience, not funded by the state's General Fund
Friends of Sycamore Shoals State Historic Park
The Friends of Sycamore Shoals State Historic Park is a 501 c3 nonprofit that helps create a place where “Our Heritage Comes to Life!” A host of volunteers, who love to share our remarkable history, help park staff present educational, family-friendly programs throughout the year. These programs bring us all together to the history of this place, a history so important that it was an integral component of the growth of our fledgling nation in the late 18th century.
Your donation helps support:
- The production of the outdoor drama "Liberty! The Saga of Sycamore Shoals", the official outdoor drama of the State of Tennessee.
- Landscaping improvements throughout the park, including our certified Monarch Butterfly Garden.
- Numerous historic militia reenactments of the Fort Watauga area in the 1770s.
- Repairs to the historic Carter Mansion, the oldest frame house in Tennessee, circa 1770s.
- Archival projects for 18th-century documents associated with the Sycamore Shoals area.