Donate to Cumberland Trail
Our parks are free for everyone to visit and enjoy. If you love Cumberland Trail State Park, you can donate today to help us continue investing in quality programs and services. Your donations will help make your favorite park even better! We'll use the donations for things like:
- Building and maintaining new trails
- Providing children's programs to connect youth to the outdoors
- Projects that improve visitor experience, not funded by the state's General Fund
Friends of the Cumberland Trail
The Friends of the Cumberland Trail is a non-profit citizen support organization created to assist the Cumberland Trail State Scenic Trail, a state park owned and operated by the State of Tennessee. Our Mission is to preserve and protect the environmental, cultural, and historical resources along the 300+ mile trail corridor, to provide educational opportunities and to support the park needs. Our goals are to garner financial support through broad-based community membership dues, grants and other projects to support park needs. We assist in educational programs, resource management and land acquisitions as well as assisting in efforts of trail construction and maintenance, and to recruit volunteers to support the park’s needs.
All donated funds are dedicated to assisting with the Park’s Mission. Monies are used to
- Secure supplies, trail building tools, vehicles, equipment and personnel
- Support educational and interpretive programs
- Preserve the cultural, historical and musical heritage
- Produce Special Events such as “Crossing the Cumberlands” showcasing the musical talents of the Cumberland Plateau.
- Produce brochures, maps, educational materials
- Maintain 4 websites; The Friends of the Cumberland Trail, Cumberland Trail Maps and Guides, Sandrock Recordings (a digital collection of music along the Cumberland trail) and the BRAT (Bike Ride Across Tennessee)