Rates: $8 per day Taxes and fees are not included. Rates subject to change. $5 reservation fee per site is non-refundable.
Backcountry Camping- Reservation Required
Long Hunter has two primitive campsites for tent camping only, each site has a designated fire ring. Both sites are wooded, offering shade, they are located on the shoreline of J.Percy Priest Lake.
A 6-mile hike is required to reach the sites, beginning at the parking lot, using the Day Loop/Volunteer Trailhead. Backpacking equipment is strongly suggested. There is no running water, electricity, restrooms or heated showers available. Water must be filtered from natural sources or carried in. The campsites are open year-round. Campsite capacity ranges from 8-10 persons.
What to Know Before You Go
- Reservations are required for ALL backcountry camping.
- Your reservation receipt is your permit.
- A copy of the camping receipt MUST on your person, during your overnight stay.
- A copy of the camping receipt or a piece of paper with the name associated with the reservation MUST be placed in the dash of each vehicle that is to be parked overnight at the trail head.
- No hiking on trails after dark. Please allow enough time to reach your destination in daylight.
- The last permit issued will be 2-3 hours before sunset
Leashed pets are allowed on this site.
If you need to cancel or change your reservation prior to your visit, or have any questions, please give us a call at 615-885-2422. For other information please call the Ranger Duty Phone: 615-202-2162
Organized groups can reserve three primitive campsites containing picnic tables, fire rings, nearby water and access to the park office restroom. Please call the park office for availability, pricing, and reservations.