Want a fun way to get your students excited about learning?
Why not learn with a Park Ranger!
Port Royal State Historic Park offers accessible, experiential educational opportunities to both engage and educate students. Choose from varied park programs or work with a Ranger to create a program that meets the Tennessee academic standards in your classroom.
TYPES OF EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMMING INCLUDE:
- Field trips to the park
- Ranger classroom or schoolyard visits
- Custom programs
WHAT DOES PORT ROYAL OFFER?
Port Royal offers programs that cover topics such as:
- River commerce
- State and local history
- Trail of Tears/ Indian Removal
- Tobacco culture and agricultural history
WHY TENNESSEE STATE PARKS?
- Our Rangers are experienced and knowledgeable in various subjects.
- Our programs support many Tennessee academic standards.
- Many programs can be modified for differing age groups and academic goals.
- Easily accessible lunch, parking, and restroom facilities.
Request a Program Experience
To request an educational park experience, submit a request today.