Paws Landing Dog Park
Paws Landing Dog Park is located inside Pickwick Landing State Park near the Lodge at Pickwick Landing. This facility is open to park visitors and overnight guests who obtain a Paws Pass from the park. Thank you to the Boyd Foundation and the Friends of Pickwick Landing State Park for making Paws Landing possible.
Before accessing Paws Landing, you must obtain a Paws Pass. You can stop by the park office to get a Paws Pass. Lodge and cabin guests can receive a Paws Pass during check-in at the lodge front desk.
To obtain a Paws Pass, make sure to bring your dog’s proof of mandatory vaccinations and immunizations. You must have your Paws Pass at all times while using the dog park. Your Paws Pass will expire annually on the day your dog’s rabies vaccination expires.
When visiting Paws Landing, you may park in the side or lower parking lots at the lodge. Your dog must be on a leash at all times outside of the fenced Paws Landing dog park area.
Once you’ve entered Paws Landing and are inside the airlock, your should remove your dog’s leash. However, their collar must remain on. Pinch, prong, and shock collars are not permitted.
Large and Small Dog Areas
Paws Landing is separated into two areas. The large dog area is provided for dogs 25 pounds and over. The small dog area is provided for dogs 25 pounds and less. Small dogs may enter the large dog area, but large dogs may not enter the small dog area.
Paws Landing Rules
- You must have your Paws Pass at all times while using the dog park.
- Unattended dogs are not permitted and abandoning animals is prohibited by law. You must maintain visual and voice control of your dog while using the dog park and quiet or remove barking dogs.
- To keep Paws Landing safe, dogs that are in heat, aggressive, sick, or under 4 months old are not permitted in the dog park.
- Tobacco products, food, and alcohol are prohibited.
- Long-lasting dog chews are not allowed, but small, bite-sized training treats are. Please always keep your treats on your person and out of reach of other animals.
- Pinch, prong, and shock collars are not permitted.
- Agility equipment is for dog use only.
- You are responsible for cleaning up after your dog. This means cleaning up and disposing of dog waste in the designated containers located near the shelter on either side of Paws Landing. Water spigots are also provided in the same general area.
- Professional dog trainers are not permitted to use Paws Landing for training purposes.
Things to Know
- Never attempt to break up a dog fight.
- You may register as many dogs as you’d like. However, you’re only permitted to have two dogs under your supervision at one time.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Dog park use is at your own risk, and you will be held liable for any damages caused by your dog.
- Pickwick Landing State Park reserves the right to refuse admission and/or evict any person or dog from Paws Landing and assumes no liability for any accidents, injuries, loss, or theft occurring within Paws Landing. All other state laws and rules and regulations apply.