Tips for Finding Available Cabins & Campsites
September 22, 2020 | Permalink
If you’re trying to book a cabin or campsite this fall, then you know that Tennessee State Parks are filling up quickly. Interest in outdoor recreation is on the rise and finding a place to book is more of a challenge than it used to be. This is especially true at some of our busier parks that annually see higher visitation. However, there are still some great campgrounds and cabins available. Here are a few tips for finding your perfect destination:
1. Weekdays are less full.
While weekends fill up, there are often weekday slots open at our most popular parks or those parks located close to major cities like Nashville. You can search online for campsites, cabins and Lodge rooms at reserve.tnstateparks.com.
2. Generally, West Tennessee has more cabin and campgrounds openings.
You’ll find some great options along I-40 heading toward Memphis and along the Mississippi River, and along the southern edge of Tennessee.
3. Check out our parks along I-75.
Parks along I-75 like Hiwassee Ocoee, Norris Dam, Big Ridge, Cove Lake, Indian Mountain are beautiful in the fall and are often less full. We recently put together a blog that features five camping destinations along I-75, all less than an hour and a half from Knoxville. Click the button below to check it out!
4. Reservation Filters: Search statewide
Plug in the dates you're looking to book at reserve.tnstateparks.com and you can search availability across the entire state. You can filter by campsites and cabins this way. These filters help you narrow your search from the start so you can focus on finding the reservation that fits your needs. Use these filters to search by:
- Dates. Use the calendar filter when you've got firm dates to stick to and you're looking for any park that has availability.
- Reservation Type. Use this filter to view a list of parks that offer a specific type of reservation.
- Region. Use this filter when you're looking to stay close to home or explore a specific region.
5. Search 14-day windows.
See all availability at a particular park over a 14-day period. This view allows you to quickly find the accommodation you’re looking for while visualizing how full the park is for those dates. This view is best for:
- Specific park, flexible dates. When you're looking for a campsite at a specific park with flexible dates.
- Highest availability. When you're not finding available cabins for your selected dates.
Ready to Start Planning Your Trip?
If you're ready to start building your perfect adventure, jump over to the Find a Park page to start filtering by accommodations, activities, and more. Or, head over to reserve.tnstateparks.com to book your campsite, cabin, or hotel room today.