The Bicycle Ride Across Tennessee Is Bringing Riders Together Virtually
July 27, 2020 | Permalink
This year the Bicycle Ride Across Tennessee (BRAT) will be going virtual! For the health and safety of the riders, rangers, and staff, the BRAT staff has decided to transition the 2020 BRAT into a virtual event. The purpose of the Virtual BRAT is to encourage cyclists to keep riding as a group through shared goals, an online community, and even shared routes across the state of Tennessee!
The virtual BRAT will be a month-long event where riders can log their miles on LOVE TO RIDE as part of our BRAT Cycling Club. The goal will be for everyone to ride 688 miles, the distance from Bristol, TN to Memphis, TN from September 1–30. To celebrate the 31st Annual Bicycle Ride Across Tennessee, the virtual BRAT Cycling Club will work together to cycle a total of 31,000 miles collectively. All Virtual BRAT participants will receive:
- Access to trusted routes from past BRAT rides at multiple Tennessee State Parks through Ride with GPS
- 2020 BRAT Jersey and t-shirt
- Eligibility to win prizes throughout September
- Access to invite-only small group rides located across the state of Tennessee with the BRAT director
- You can build your own cycling vacation around the provided routes with lodging at Tennessee State Parks.
- You can still enjoy park activities and guided programs just like you would at the BRAT.
You do not have to live in Tennessee to participate, and you are welcome to log miles any way you choose! Some examples are road cycling, indoor cycling, gravel, or mountain biking! No matter where you are or how you plan to get in your miles, the Bicycle Ride Across Tennessee welcomes everyone to participate. And, as always, the proceeds made from this event will all go back to our non-profits:
- The development and protection of the Cumberland Trail, a 300-mile-long footpath down the eastern edge of the Cumberlands. Your BRAT ride is a direct contribution to the preservation of the beauty and history of this place.
- The Tennessee Park Rangers Association provides scholarships and training opportunities for the Park Rangers throughout the state to continue education in order to continue to provide the highest level of protection for Tennessee State Parks.
The cost to participate in the 2020 Virtual BRAT is $150. You can register with the link below and connect with the BRAT on their Facebook page.