New Discount for TN Residents at State Parks
July 15, 2020 | Permalink
Tennessee State Parks is now offering a 10% Tennessee Resident Discount to make spending the night in the outdoors even more affordable. Residents can take advantage of the new 10% discount by phone or online at reserve.tnstateparks.com.
Tennessee State Parks believe in the power and importance of spending time outside. That is why Tennessee is one of only six states to allow visitors to enter free of charge. While enjoying a few hours at a park is wonderful, there’s something unique and refreshing about spending the night. Tennessee State Parks want to make that overnight experience attractive and accessible to as many Tennesseans as possible.
“Our hope is that all Tennesseans - especially young adults, new residents, families with small kids, and price-sensitive travelers - will get outside and discover the beauty and wonder of your state parks,” said Jim Bryson, Deputy Commissioner of Parks & Conservation.
- Tennessee Resident Discount will provide a 10% discount off the normal rate at most Tennessee State Park overnight accommodations.
- All Tennessee residents 18 and older with a valid state-issued photo ID will qualify.
- A Tennessee resident must occupy the campsite, cabin or lodge room in order to qualify.
- Guests must provide a current, valid state-issued photo ID that includes a valid Tennessee residence at time of check in for the discount to apply. Staff will not accept photocopies of the ID as proof of residency.
- Discount is available by phone, in person or online at reserve.tnstateparks.com.
- Tennessee Resident Discount cannot be combined with other existing discounts, such as Active Military, 100% Disabled Veteran, Senior, Disabled or Tennessee State Employee discounts.
- This discount only applies to campsites, cabins and lodge rooms. This discount does not apply to group facilities, boat rentals, permits, etc.
- The discount will not apply to premium campsites. Some cabin exclusions may apply.
- Discounts will not apply to reservations made prior to July 1, 2020.
Tennesseans looking to take advantage of the new discount can do so now at reserve.tnstateparks.com. Simply select the “Tennessee Resident Discount” during payment to take advantage of the new offer. Starting planning today at reserve.tnstateparks.com.
About Tennessee State Parks Overnight Accommodations
Tennessee State Parks operate over 3,000 campsites ranging from RV sites with full hookups to backcountry spots deep in the woods. The park system also maintains 372 cabins and four “Lodges” where visitors can enjoy acres of lakes and forests from the comfort and convenience of a hotel room. Two of the Lodges - Montgomery Bell and Pickwick Landing - are reopening this summer following substantial renovations. Reservations are available at reserve.tnstateparks.com.
About COVID-19 & Tennessee State Parks
COVID-19 has had a notable impact on the travel industry. For information about Tennessee State Parks’ response to COVID-19, visit the Keeping Visitors Healthy page. Travelers can also find information to help with trip planning on the COVID-19 Travel Tips page.
Photo: Overlook near the Stonedoor Ranger Station at South Cumberland State Park from Tennessee Photographs.com