Introducing Customer Accounts for Online Reservations at Tennessee State Parks
September 14, 2021 | Permalink
When you book online at Tennessee State Parks, our goal is simple: make the experience as pleasurable as the park visit you’re booking.
We’ve been making lots of changes over the last couple of years to improve the customer reservation experience. From campsites to rounds of golf, visitors have been able to find the event, accommodation, or facility they want and reserve it online at reserve.tnstateparks.com within minutes. This upgrade from the traditional method of calling a park to make a reservation has created a streamlined experience for visitors that’s always accessible. However, one comment from users we often received was the request for customer accounts. In other words, customers wanted more control over their past and upcoming reservations.
We’re thrilled to announce that with the addition of customer accounts, visitors can now view and manage their past and upcoming reservations within reserve.tnstateparks.com. This includes the ability to:
- View full details on all of your past and upcoming reservations
- Make payments on future reservations
- Cancel future reservations
We’ll walk you through how to access and use customer accounts in the sections below.
Which category do you fall under?
1. I've Made a Reservation at Tennessee State Parks Online in the Past
If you’ve already made a reservation at Tennessee State Parks that you’d like to view, skip to “How to Sign In”.
2. I've Never Made a Reservation at Tennessee State Parks Online
For those who don’t have a previously made reservation, you’ll need to make a reservation first. Your customer account is created during the process of making a reservation. We walk you through this process under the “Creating an account when making a reservation”.
Creating an account when making a reservation
- First, go through the process of selecting the park and reservation type you’d like.
- When you arrive on the checkout page there will be a field for an email address. The email address you enter here will be used to access your customer account later on so make sure it’s one you have access to.
- Before submitting your information you will receive a pop-up notification asking you to review your email address one last time. Take this time to ensure the address is correct and free of errors.
- Proceed to the next section for information on how to sign in.
Note: You must have a previous or future reservation in order to sign in. Accounts are connected to the email address under which the reservation was made.
- Go to reserve.tnstateparks.com
- Click “My Account Login” on the blue banner at the top of the screen
- Sign in using the same email address your reservations are under OR sign in with your Google or Facebook account. Note that email address associated with your Google or Facebook account must be the same as the email on your reservations.
- If you sign in using an email address, a verification code will be sent to that address. Grab the code from your inbox and paste or type it into the dialogue box.
- Now you’re in!
Verify your Account
When you log in for the first time, you'll receive a pop-up notification asking you to verify your account. To do so, click the prompt and enter your billing information. If you'd prefer to do this step later you will receive the same pop-up upon your next log-in. You can also add your billing information at any time by clicking on your name in the top right corner and selecting "personal settings" from the dropdown menu.
Navigating Your Home Screen
On your home screen, you'll find all of the past and upcoming reservations that have been made under the email address you're logged in with. Use the tabs to toggle between these views or press "all reservations" to see everything at once.
Viewing Reservation Details
To view the details of a past, current, or upcoming reservation, find the reservation you're looking for and click on the reservation number. This will open a new page with all of the reservation details.
Email, Print, or Cancel Your Reservation
When viewing the details of a specific reservation you will see four tabs at the top of the page:
- "View All" takes you back to the homepage
- "Email" allows you to email the reservation details you see on the page
- "Print" allows you to print the reservation details you see on the page
- "Cancel" allows you to cancel the reservation online (see the next section for more info)
Cancel a Reservation
To cancel a reservation, follow the above steps to locate the reservation and view its details. When you're viewing the details for the reservation you want to cancel, click "cancel" in the top right corner. This will load a new page that displays all of your payment details. You can also view the cancelation policy by clicking the policy you'd like to view under "cancellation policies" at the bottom of the page. Press the orange "cancel reservation" button at the bottom of the screen and confirm you'd like to make the cancelation.