Public Notice: Crockett's Mill Restaurant's will close for renovations on Monday, Dec. 18. Our last day open will be Sunday, Dec. 17. We anticipate re-opening in mid-February, 2018. We apologize for the inconvenience.
David Crockett Go Green
The mission of the Tennessee State Parks Go Green With Us program is to preserve and protect our state parks through sustainable park operations, resource conservation, and recycling. Program components cover a diverse array of initiatives, including energy and water conservation through equipment and operations upgrades, recycling programs, projects to enhance ecosystem health, and erosion control, among many others.
- The park's premium cabins are the only cabins in the Tennessee State Park system to have the prestigious U.S. Green Building Council LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Silver certification, and they demonstrate that you can live sustainably without sacrificing luxury.
- David Crockett State Park heats and cools the park’s restaurant and cabins with a geothermal system, which concentrates the naturally existing heat within the earth to provide natural climate control from a clean, reliable, and renewable source of energy.
- The park’s cabins and Crockett’s Mill Restaurant are Tennessee Green Hospitality certified.
- The restaurant serves some vegetables that are grown in the park’s garden, and a portion of the leftover food scraps are composted on-site instead of being sent to the landfill.
- The park’s trail system is currently being renovated to be compatible with the Master Trail Builder methods which minimize human impact and make the trails extremely erosion resistant.