Public Notice as of Feb. 8: Byrd Lake Trail is CLOSED due to the construction of our ADA paved trail until further notice. This is a Recreational Trails Grant project. For more information please call the park office 931-484-6138.
Holiday Hours at the Homestead Harvest Restaurant
We will be closed on December 24 and 25.
We will open at 11:00 AM on Tuesday, Dec. 26 and start our winter schedule:
Lunch: Tue. thru Sun. from 11:00 AM -2:30 PM
Dinner: Fri. & Sat. from 4:00 PM-8:00 PM
**New Year’s Eve Dinner on Dec. 31. Make your reservation today.**
Cumberland Mountain Go Green
The mission of the Tennessee State Parks Go Green With Us program is to preserve and protect our state parks through sustainable park operations, resource conservation, and recycling. Program components cover a diverse array of initiatives, including energy and water conservation through equipment and operations upgrades, recycling programs, projects to enhance ecosystem health, and erosion control, among many others.
- The golf course at Cumberland Mountain State Park is part of the internationally-recognized Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program and Groundwater Guardian Green Program. The course enhances the natural landscape and wildlife habitat while also improving efficiency and minimizing potentially harmful impacts of golf course operations. Several of the course’s program components include electric mowers and golf carts which are quiet and do not disturb wildlife, targeted watering, and digital irrigation monitoring.
- The Homestead Harvest Restaurant is Tennessee Green Hospitality certified. The park’s restaurant sources food locally when possible.
- Electric vehicle charge stations are available in the restaurant parking lot.
- Cumberland Mountain also has completed projects to minimize erosion, including planting 300 trees near Byrd Creek.
- The park has installed tent pads in the campground. Tent pads are man-made surfaces that protect the ground from damage caused by repeatedly setting up a tent in the same spot.
- The park also participates in TVA’s Green Power Switch.