What Is Geocaching?
Combining technology with outdoor adventure, geocaching is a great way to explore Tennessee State Parks. Using GPS devices or smart phones in a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game, participants search for geocaches ranging in all sizes. Some are cleverly disguised as ordinary items while others require specialized equipment, but they are never buried.
How to Log Geocaches:
- Go to geocaching.com and register a free account.
- Search for nearby geocaches by clicking on “find my location”.
- Navigate to the geocache with the geocache app on your Smart phone or a GPS device.
- When you find the hidden geocache in a Tennessee State Park, record the special code located on the cache or in the logbook.
- Sign the geocache logbook and return the geocache to its original spot. Don’t forget to log your find online at geocaching.com.
- Bring a pen.
- Leave no trace.
- Please fill out a GEOCACHING APPLICATION and check with a Park Manager/Park Ranger at office before placing any new caches.
- Move Trackables along.